With 2014 just around the corner, Kawasaki is releasing the KLR650 New Edition.
The KLR650 New Edition updates the already famous platform of the KLR650. The New Edition includes the following updated features:
- An upgraded 41mm front fork featuring 40% firmer springs, and 27% more rebound damping
- The Uni-Trak rear suspension now features a shock with a spring rate that is 63% stiffer, and rebound settings that are 83% firmer than the standard KLR650
- A new multi-contoured seat
- Narrower at the front to reduce the reach to the ground
- Wider at the rear to increase long distance comfort
- A dimpled texture to reduce slip
The upgraded suspension components help stabilize the ride for better street performance at higher speeds.
The new version of the KLR650 only runs $100 more than the standard KLR, and it will come in 3 color options
- Candy Lime Green and Ebony
- Metallic Flat Raw Graystone and Ebony
- Pearl Stardust White and Ebony
Availability of this new model has not yet been announced.