Mecum Auctions was in Portland this past weekend with an impressive lineup of 461 classic and collector cars. The two-day auction at the Portland Expo Center achieved $7.9 million in overall sales totals topped by a 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S125) that brought $395,000.
The well-documented, four-speed Yenko certainly stole the show in its intense blue-on-black color combination and award-winning condition, but a rare 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S130) was another auction favorite and demanded a high bid of $125,000. Plymouths and Chevrolets dominated the top 10, but a beautiful Hemi-equipped Desoto Fireflite convertible (Lot S134) also made the list coming in at $68,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Portland 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S125) at $395,000
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S130) at $125,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S115) at $110,000
- 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback (Lot S101) at $90,000
- 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda (Lot S97) at $81,000
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda (Lot S150.1) at $78,000
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner (Lot S119) at $72,500
- 2003 Chevrolet Corvette CRC Conversion (Lot S123) at $71,000
- 1966 Shelby Cobra Replica (Lot S151) at $70,000
- 1955 Desoto Fireflite Convertible (Lot S134) at $68,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is this July 20-22 in Denver with an anticipated 1,000-vehicle lineup, followed by another 1,000-car offering in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Aug. 3-5. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
Copyright © 2000-2017 Mecum Auction, Inc. All rights reserved.
Road Art®, Infonet® & The Bid Goes On® are registered trademarks of Mecum Auction, Inc.
# # #